Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #392

From: Paul Heinz <paul_at_profax.co.nz>
Date: Thu Mar 20 10:06:23 1997

Hi, Paul Heinz here.

Pam Carlson
- -----------
> Disobedient Daughters:
>
> I think Paul's initial concept of XU as the "Too compasionate" daughter is
> fine. After all, doesn't she help not-trolls, too, and even once that
> dispicable Glowing Thing? (Whose myth is that, anyway? No DHappan would
> ever concieve of it...) Note that XU as a non-troll deity would probably
> not have the "disobedient" aspect.

Yes, that 'XU/ZZ finding the light myth' where ZZ is burnt and made ugly. Hmm... if anything, I'd say maybe it was trollish and shows how XU and ZZ went and tampered with something they shouldn't have. Perhaps it's a lesson showing trolls that they should ask their elders/mothers about things before experimenting with new things. Or perhaps it shows how XU and ZZ had the seeds of 'Badness' in them and were thus led astray. XU stayed and saw the light but didn't touch it whereas ZZ actually went and poked it and look what it did to him.

TTFN,
  Paul.

Paul Heinz
Profax International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand E-mail: paul_at_profax.co.nz
#include <disclaimer.h>