Re: brief praise/agreement

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 96 10:14:41 -0600

Martin Laurie commented on my comments on his comments re minimaxing. Lest anyone misunderstand yes, I agree with Martin. Many RPG campaigns are too simple for players to have inobvious Opportunity Costs.

Paul Heinz: Some Thoughts on Male Trolls, in which he opines that Karrg's Sons are really Sons Like Karrg. I also concur. The only (minor) cavil I make is that I do not believe trolls see Xiola Umbar as the all-caring mother figure.

        Rather, I believe trolls see her as the comforting sister, just as she administrates to ZZ -- much less threatening than the Mother. A safer, friendlier dominance. Trollkin are even less likely to see her as Mom (think of their own mother-neuroses!)

Sandy P.