Re: Magic

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_nvg.unit.no>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 18:12:15 +0100 (MET)

> From: David Cake

> I think Gloranthans understand that real 'magic' comes from the
> Otherworld (the Hero or God or Spirit planes).

I certanly see your point, but I wouldn't be very surprised if the Gloranthan cultures had some myths explaining why we heal naturally. (Perhaps something with the godess Time renewing the world ...)

> And there is the Dead Place - you can tell what is magical and what
> is not by going to the Dead Place and seeing if it still works (the Dead
> Place has no connection to the otherworld).

Now this is interesting. Perhaps people don't heal naturally in the Dead place? After all the magic here was used to heal Urox

All IMVHO of course :)

Frank Rafaelsen
rafael_at_nvg.unit.no
"Si fallor, sum"