Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #482

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 20:13:11 -0400 (EDT)

In V2 #482, Claude Manzato wrote:

>Should not it be that these [copper] weapons could have their spirit
awakened, as
>the elven bows have ? After all the process is similar. I would think
>that every aldryami could awake the spirit in one "object" that he has
>grown with the special skills of the gardener subcult. Some will awake
>their weapons, other will awake pieces of clothes, musical instruments
>or tools, according to the needs of the forest.

An excellent idea.

>In an adventure I ran some time ago, I armed a small party of aldryami
>with blowguns. ...
>They collected special magical seeds in the soil of a glade where a wood
>nymph was killed. These seeds can be used as darts in a blowgun. [The seeds
then grow in the victim's body, killing him or her and sprouting a beautiful flower at the site of entry.]

Ack! "Elf Darts," indeed! I wholeheartedly endorse the idea, but think such deadly darts are extremely rare. There existence may also engender a taboo on killing forest nymphs (not that one generally needs a taboo on killing powerful divine creatures, but...).

Thanks for delurking.