ramblings...

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 13:27:23 +1200

Nils Weinander:

>Kralorela, except for the northern border area is pretty peaceful, and
>I care about it.

I suspect Kralorela is undergoing intense social turmoil at present. The Bridges are being constructed partly to alleviate mass unemployment. I think that some parts of Kralorela are virtual tinderboxes (like Boshan) and need only a spark before widespread violence flares. A capable Emperor would solve the current problems of Kralorela long ago; but as Godunya is nearing the end of his reign, the Highest Authorities are devoid of new intiatives akin to what happened in the last years of Brezhnev, frex.

>The East Isles have many havens of tranquility which at least I, Greg F
>and Sandy feel strongly for.

I suppose the definition of 'haven of tranquility' for the East Isles is one that hasn't been menaced and/or ravaged by the Vorumaini, Extogallians and Rakuti. If so, this would be a declining minority every year.

Nick Effingham:

> Due to broo incursions and marauding beasties I doubt a farm would last
>long without a combination of offensive magic and defensive magic, but the
>pointage is unlikely to be more than two or three.

Most broo incursions are more likely to be targetted against livestock rather than humans. The Broo molesting your cattle would be for most farmers the RW equivalent of foxes stealing your chickens. Most broos are feral and would be frightened off by a farmer throwing rocks and shouting loudly. Broos that have grouped together are more dangerous...