building wall battle

From: Harald Smith (617) 724-9843 <"Harald>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 09:09:00 -0500 (EST)

  Hi--

  Andrew? asks:
> I keep seeing references to the Lunars 'getting their asses kicked'
  at the Building Wall Battle, but I don't recall any place where it   actually says so; only that they lost a battle, and never went back.

  An old issue of Different Worlds (#24?) includes an article called   Dragons Past. This article describes all the raids and invasions in   Dragon Pass between roughly 1600 and 1620. For the major invasions it   also includes the rough results of the campaigns. It was designed   partially as a way to add background to characters of a military bent   by describing what units from a given area were doing each year.

  The Building Wall battle was part of a major Lunar invasion in 1605, the   first major effort to conquer the Holy Country. The Esrolians, the   Pharoah, and maybe others of the Holy Country brought the Lunars to   battle fairly early at the Building Wall. I believe, if I remember   correctly, that the Lunars suffered 40% casualties and were forced to   bring their invasion to a quick end.

  Harald