Babeester Gor 'Converts'

From: Martin Declan Kelly <declan_at_teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 23:23:08 -0700 (PDT)

\
>From: "Timothy Byrd" <tbyrd_at_microsim.com>
>Date: Mon, 22 Apr 96 19:36:00 PST
>Subject: Esrolia and female officers
>
>I had an odd thought (okay, all of mine are...):
>
>Isn't there an Uz ritual, where a promising human (or member of some
>other lesser species) is actually turned into a troll? (E.g., Arkat)

Yes. A particularly grisly one, in which the prospective troll is beaten and chewed to death by his/her adoptive troll clan, has their bones and skull broken and then lashed together in the semblance of a troll, (and I believe also has certain representations of troll-specific organs placed in the deceased's body-cavity). The prospective troll then undergoes a spiritual ordeal, which if they pass, turns them physically and spiritually into a troll.

>Why shouldn't there be a similar ritual to induct a promising male
>warrior into Babeestor Gor? Lack of a womb shouldn't matter to
>them...

I think rather than inducting a promising male warrior, perhaps as a punishment/repentance for a male who slays a Babeester Gor Initiate oustide the bounds of battle. To be turned into a woman to take his place in the Babeester Gor ranks and fill the gap he created (similar to Agimori punishments for murder).
It would also provide a convenient source of the required female organs necessary to the transformation (the dead woman's corpse).

        To be offered the choice of life as a castrated slave of the temple, or 'conversion'.... where the man is disembowelled with an axe, has his male organs removed and burned, and has the dead woman's reproductory system and mammary glands placed in the ritual wounds. He would then be bound in her hide, which has been tanned and then inscribed with earth and fertility runes. The hide is then sewn shut around him.

        The changed corpse is then buried in the Earth, where the man must prove himself worthy to Babeester Gor in a spiritual ordeal, before digging *her*self out.

        Should he fail the test, he is never reborn as a *she*.

just my 2p (and my first post).

Look forward to seeing some of you in Seattle

Declan
- --
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars...