Esrolite Onslaught

From: David Hall <100116.2616_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 30 Apr 96 14:40:08 EDT

Martin writes:
>(1) Onslaught has spent most of his time in war zones, on raids, working for
>governments in a "military consulant" capacity etc so he really isn't a
>Sartarite, he is a city dweller from the gutters of Nochet. His moral code is
>rather tweaked compared to many so he isn't a Sartarite though he rather likes
>them.

The problem that I keep experiencing is the way he seems to remain a Humakti as if by immaculate conception. There's no sign of any links to the Humakti cult, or any respect for the temple hierarchy and codes. Is his body his temple I wonder?

Or was joining Humakt just a means to an end, i.e. better death spells? Did it mean anything else? Did he not listen at all to the code and customs of his regiment? These are what should have defined his own moral and honour code, regardless of whether he is a Sartarite or not.

But if we look at his career in the Borderers (where he "joined" Humakt) then he doesn't do particularly well. His record is one of insubordination, ill-discipline, and ultimately dismissal from the service. This ain't going endear you too much to Humakt!

Of course, then he kills his ex-commanding officer, which in my book is a sword-breaking offense, particularly since he then runs away. His Humakti word, and the truth spells of Humakt, would have proven his case had he not been in the wrong. Worst of all, he then kills all of his pursuers! For those pursuing him would be men of his regiment, battle comrades and sworn swordbrothers. This too warrants excomunication from the cult.

And now we hear that he's a "military consultant" for governments! I ask you, who would trust a guy who is insubordinate, kills his commanding officer and battle comrades, steals from his employers, changes sides at will, is a contract killer, and is know for his excessive love of killing for Death's sake alone? How do I know when this consultant turns up at my camp from day to day that he ain't going to suddenly honour me by biting me to death?

This is no Humakti, this is a wandering monster!

C'mon... this is all a big joke isn't it?

David Hall