lunar cavalry

From: Harald Smith (617) 724-9843 <"Harald>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 07:18:00 -0500 (EST)

  Hi--

> I thought the Queens Regiment was Carmanian (Western Reaches).
  There's a reference to it in the Genertela Book about a Carmanian Noble   who spends his time in the Queens Regiment IIRC.

  Actually this fits with my thought that the Queens Regiment might be   from Doblia. Remember that Doblia is the part of Carmania that became a   sultanate in the Empire, but still is of Carmanian origin. I think that   the Western Reaches maintains their own army/cavalry utilizing their   knights. If a Carmanian were to join an imperial unit instead (and   abandon their native knights), a unit originating in part of Old   Carmania would make sense.

  And Neil writes:
> According to Home of the Bold, Whipstock cavalry actually come from
  Alkoth, and probably spend a lot of time waiting to raid Darjiin.

  Well, I can't say I thought of Alkoth as a cavalry source since it lies   primarily in a river basin at the confluence of two main rivers (Oslir   and Erinflarth), but maybe they draw from the uplands of Henjarl (along   the border with Darjiin or the Kostaddi lands). If they do come from   Alkoth, then the Whipstock regiment undoubtedly follow Shargash, master   of the thundering hooves and wielder of the lightning whip.

  Harald

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #553