Byzantines; KOW

From: ANDOVER_at_delphi.com
Date: Sun, 12 May 1996 15:33:14 -0500 (EST)

MOB always refers to the Byzantines after Manzikert in dismissive terms; but this is to overlook the Comnenian revival, part show, inded, but it is not until after Myriocephalum in 1180, more than a century after Manzikert, that the Empire ceased to be a great power. And it was not until after the rape of Constantinople by the West in 1204 that poverty was a serious problem for the Empire.

  On the KOW, I quite agree with Sandy's rating. As for the Dwarves and the Brithini, their rating is somewhat theoretical, since neither is likely to risk themselves on offense, but the 5 rating certainly applies to them on defense!

  One result of the combination of the KOW's strength and the incredible and permanent consequences of losing to them is that I am even more sure that those who fight them would use any weapon that came to hand, whether chaos, disease, or any other Gloranthan equivalents of poison gas or nuclear weapons!

Jim Chapin