Stochastic history?

From: ANDOVER_at_delphi.com
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 11:08:45 -0500 (EST)

Sandy P. writes that "history is a stochastic process." Well, some of the statistics involved are predictable -- such as language separation over time, or as I pointed out recently, genetic analysis of populations, which demonstrates in Europe the Neolithic development of agriculture, the Finno-Ugric culture, the Indo-European expansion, the Greek expansion, and the Basque "implosion," especially when linguistic and archeological analysis correlates so nicely with genetic evidence. But, by the rules of quantum mechanics, there as many alternate pasts to the present as their are futures to the present. However, Sandy, I didn't think our physics applied to Glorantha? The randomness of Glorantha seems to be in subjective interpretations affecting reality rather than in the mathematical nature of reality -- or is Glorantha just another Copenhagen universe?
Jim Chapin