Snorkling homes?

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 96 20:54 MET DST

Durupt Jean about merman mobile homes:

>They are unaffected by the Closing since they don't have to go
>to the surface. There is a schnorkel to transform stale air
>into fresh air.

Hmm. What keeps the sea from pushing the air back where it belongs (above), and filling the home up to the top? (Forgetting real world hydrostatics/dynamics for a while, I want the Gloranthan explanation. Real Worldish this would be impossible.)

Jean also asks:
>What is a gygaxesque polearm ?

One of the _numerous_ pole arms with different names and slightly different damage from Unearthed Arcana. They really added to the realism of gaming... did they?

Tanian:
>When he was dicovered by the Jrustreli, he was a fire god of burning
>water.

"Hey, I discovered a new queer combination of runes in my lab! Let's try it out!"

>What would happen if someone summoned him around 1620?

He'd be badly burned (from within, likely), and probably set a lot of surrounding waters to fire, too. I'm not sure how far a Tanian sea-fire would spread if left uncontrolled, but sooner or later some powerful water-entity is going to complain, and act.