Minor natterings

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 11:06:44 +1200

Peter Linton Tracy:

>Lots of people have been posting about the Red Goddess & the comproise.
>Is or isn't she part of the compromise?

The real problem is that the Lunars comprehend the Red Goddess's relationship with the Cosmos. Unfortunately they don't know of anything called the Great Compromise. To them, it is a meaningless question like 'Is Allah one of the Gods on Mount Olympus?'.

David Cake:

>1621-1624 Argrath travels with Harrek. They visit Umathela sometime in this
>period (probably near the end). I don't think they ever visited Jolar, or
>any of the interior of Pamaltela.

Argrath does make friends with Hunralki of Jolar, but I think the latter was serving as a Fonritan Slave (Chief Minister of Afadjann perhaps?) when Argrath met him.

>1625 Argrath returns, dragon eats Temple of Reaching Moon.
> Harrek may well appear a bit after this date, or may have left
>Pamaltela the same time as Argrath.

Harrek reappeared in 1624 to smash the Lunars at the battle of Pennel Ford. It seems to me that Harrek's Kingdom in Pamaltela lasts only two years, at tops. Which is consistent with what we know of his character. But then I'm in favour of the c.1650 ST date for the end of the Red Moon.

> The interesting thing about the Kresh is where do they get all that
>wood? They need a LOT of wood, and there is very little in their normal
>range of operation. The answer lies in the goddess they secretly worship.

Um, there are a few woodlands in Kothar, the largest being Panofey and smaller ones can be found on the edges of Hornilio and Serrapu lake.