comments galore

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 13:05:53 +1200

Michael Raaterova:

>I hope the [mis-]spelling of the Sun God's name ends with

>>[Kh/Y]E[hi]l[e]m[al][io/us]

>I propose the Mhystic (and possibly illuminating) trigram E-L-M as the
>functional name of the Sun God/s.

How do you fit Somash into it, tho?

David Dunham:

>I believe that Glorantha didn't change very much, and if any God Learners
>had survived, they would be able to make corrections and once again control
>mighty powers. Otherwise why would the Gift Carriers be active today?

If they made corrections then they wouldn't be God-learners anymore IMO. Their chief flaw lies in their attitude rather than what they knew. If they changed their attitude, they would be unremarkable compared to the other magical researchers that have existed in Glorantha (Lunar Monks, Kralori Mystics, Western Wizards etc).