Elmal is female?

From: ian (i.) gorlick <"ian>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 16:25:00 -0400

Michael Raaterova proposed that Elmal among some orlanthi might be a female goddess, a conflation of the male sun god and the female Mahome.

Yes, this is an Interesting Idea. I'm not sure I agree with it, but it is very interesting.

It would be an unforgiveable insult to the Sun County Yelmalions.

It would be a possible explanation for the Yelmalion ban on Light Sons dressing as women. Male Elmale worshippers among the orlanthi would probably dress as women in some of their rituals, so the Sun County Yelmalions would want to distance themselves from that.