million trolls

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 07:31:51 -0500

> Which means that a million-troll army spreads out along an enormous
> front like an oversize maribunda, leaving a huge swath of land damn
> near sterilized in its wake.

> Sounds like the kind of problem nuclear weapons were invented to solve
> to me.

        Wait until the Uz all perform a few ceremonies to Gorrakki. Just picture three million industrial size Army Ants.

ian gorlick:
> I still believe that this association of darkness and fear is
> anthropocentric...

        Stop thinking about humans, and start thinking about trolls. Troll society is driven by fear and obediance to the 'mothers' (correct me if I'm wrong, Sandy). Why shouldn't trolls have the sort of magic that fits their society? Fear powers don't have to be associated with Darkness, just because trolls have them....

Joerg Baumgartner:
> Not any longer? I think his star rose around 500, upon his apotheosis, and
> while I can't recall whether it has disappeared in the meantime, I am more
> than certain that the Ralian Hero War prophecies will return its importance
> in the night sky.

        I seem to remember that Arkat's Stars numbered three. Did they cease to be visible in Glorantha when the God Learners destroyed the HQ paths leading them? I didn't think so.

                Andrew Joelson

PS Orlanth-Cola, official sponsor of Glorantha Con IV!

        Orlanth-Cola, a real Windy City drink!