The Curse

From: Arkat_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 20:10:00 -0400

In a message dated 96-06-27 18:36:55 EDT, SimonPhipp wrote:

>The Closing has not been lifted - if you go onto the open seas in a boat
>without Dormal's Ritual, you will be hit with the full force of the Closing
- -
>whirlpools, sea monsters, unending banks of fog, giant waves or whatever.
>Similarly, even if the Curse of Kin is circumvented it means that you will
>have a spell which blocks the effect temporarily - allowing the current
birth
>to be of usko rather than enlo.
>
>This means that any troll who wants to bear normal children can do, but
those
>who do not use magic will have a chance of not breeding true. Much like the
>Closing now.

Indeed, since I've been doing some further reading about trolls, consider this: Suppose a great troll Heroine undertook an "I fought We won"-like (you know, defeating the devil (Gbaji in this case) on a personal level) heroquest and learned to defeat the Curse of Kin as it applies to her? Then could she not let all the other trolls know about it and if a female dark troll wanted to, she could either duplicate that heroquest or perform a Dormal-type ritual to make her fertile normally for that one night (day?) of mating?

Just a thought.

John Brown
Arkat_at_aol.com