Trolls/Darkness/D'Wargon

From: SimonPhipp_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 19:04:46 -0400

The Curse of Kin

John Brown Arkat_at_aol.com made a good comment about a troll HeroQuestor performing an "I Fought, We Won" quest, removing the effects of the Curse of Kin on herself and then teaching the HeroQuest to others.

This is an extremely selfish Quest to do initially. Trollish society, in my opinion, is not geared up this way. Trolls do things for the good of other trolls, so they would try to break the Curse for all trolls, not simply for themselves. Perhaps a friendly human (a notoriously selfish species) could explain the concept to the trolls.

Darkness

Ian Gorlick:
> If EXTREME Darkness blocks all senses, not just sight

Extreme Darkness not only numbs you into sensory deprivation, it's mere presence is enough to kill plant
life. This is impressive, even to me.

[Discussion of fear coming from Darkness itself]

All the elements have benign and malign properties, but Darkness is the scariest element, although I wouldn't fancy meeting Yara Aranis, Gorgorma, Sheng Seleris or any of the other Demons.

D'Wargon

Peter Metcalfe:
> It would go something like: your kin has summoned the Black Eater.
> This has caused your kind to become sterile. Great Nysalor has
> managed to partially alievate this curse but some of your offspring
> will be born Enlo.

In my opinion, Nysalor fought with the Black Eater and was corrupted by its darkness, this is what created Gbaji. It was Gbaji who threw it back against the trolls. As he fought the trolls, he was "defeated" and eaten, then used the powers of the Black eater to chew his way out through the womb. The enlo know this, that is why they fear the Black eater more than anything else and acknowldege it as their creator - they do not cite D'Wargon at all. The other trolls do not accept that their own actions brought the Curse on themselves, so they blame D'Wargon.

David Cake:
> There might be some trolls that don't hate Nysalor for his chaos
> (blue moonies, perhaps). They probably hate him because he is a light god,
> and because he is the Womb Biter.

Is Nysalor D'Wargon or is this Gbaji? It looks as though the Deceiver was the one who tricked his way amongst the trolls. If Nysalor had used light powers to cause the Curse, then it would have been easier to defeat.