Frishala & Broo

From: Martin King <mav_at_mail.iinet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 23:34:01 +0000

From: mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk (Mike Cule)

>The fact that she is a piddling Goddess makes it harder not easier.
>Not only do you have fewer powerful followers to form a HeroQuesting
>Ring but most of the knowledge of HeroPlane reality that embodies her
>has been lost in the centuries of her imprisonment. The first stage is
>to discover her nature and history.

>(A goddess who causes sex-changes in her male followers is fun ain't
>it. My players used her to survive a nasty case of broo rape and bring
>forth the only unchaotic broo infants for centuries.)

Why do you say that?
I believe that because she is less powerful she has more freedom and free will. The goddess is less fixed or anchored into the mythic matrix. She has less enemies and a a heroquester would find it easier to create and link the desired result. i.e. that Frishala was friendly to Elves The more powerful your deity the harder it is to do creative heroquesting. Mostly I believe because you have powerful enemies. And there's that mass of people who are quite happy with the way the deity is right now. Internal heresy can be just as violent as a external threat.

As for your last comment. Gives me a cold shudder just thinking about it. I'n not sure having a vagina and womb would help the "mother" though. Don't broo sort of burrow their way out ala Alien ChestBursters.

Regards
Mav