Re: Boy am I lost

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 96 12:56:01 -0500

Paul Edson
> Boy am I lost
> I've heard a lot about Glorantha, so I bought RQ3 Deluxe and read
> cover to cover. Having done so, I am still utterly and entirely at a
> loss with respect to most of the conversation going on here. Can
> someone suggest a way to bring myself up to speed?

        Everyone talks about the weather, but no one does anything about it. I feel like being a man of action at the moment, and so ...

I propose we appoint a "Bringing Up To Speed" committee from amongst the members of the Digest. Here are the steps I suggest we follow.

        STEP 1) Find out exactly which Glorantha books are out of print. All the RQ II sources, of course. Which RQ III works are kaput?

        STEP 2) Get Chaosium's (& TAHGC's?) permission to xerox appropriate bits of the Out O' Print stuff.

        STEP 3) Carefully and selectively go through the available material and determine what stuff is in which of the following categories:

  1. essential to understanding Glorantha
  2. needed for advanced or world-spanning games, but not most.
  3. unnecessary, though possibly nice.

        STEP 4) Xerox the category A stuff and make it available to newbies like Paul for the price of shipping and xeroxing. If we feel especially lazy, just ship it, and let the newbie xerox it himself, then mail it back to the Central Bring 'Em Up To Speed Office.

	Here is who we need on the committee.
		* Someone who has all the Glorantha stuff. I elect
myself.
		* Someone who will xerox it all initially. I elect
myself.
		* Someone who will keep the stuff and send it to
newbies when asked. Any volunteers? I'll ship the xeroxed stuff to whomever sez they'll do it. We need someone reliable and who constantly monitors the Digest. This person will also need to xerox additional copies at need, or nag me to do it. He has the hardest job on the committee, so I hereby offer to reward this guy for doing it. Need any old Chaosium stuff? Or free computer games?

Sandy P.

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #31