Ritual spells

From: nilsw_at_ibm.net
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 96 00:03:26 +0000

Erik:
>Do you need to quantify the effect of the great rituals as spells [...]?

Michael R:
>Well looking at your (very good) examples, i'd say that the Big Ritual
>*is* a 'spell' with profound impact on the world.
>Remember that a worship ceremony is also a heroquest.

Actually, YAHQS, my heroquest rules has rules (sort of) for this kind of magic after an idea from Nick E.

More Michael:
>There's one problem with this, though: Dark Season. What right-thinking
>orlanthi culture would devote lots of rituals to Darkness, Cold and
>Snow? Also i wonder why orlanthi would celebrate Yelm and the solar
>stuff?

For the balance of things? Because the plants need the rest winter brings and the sun and heat summer gives? Winter and darkness in order to weed out the weakest animals?

| Nils Weinander          	| Everything is dust in the wind
| Office: nils_at_carasoft.se	|
| Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net     	|