The Lunar Phalangites

From: Nick_Brooke_at_deloitte.touche.co.uk
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 96 10:45:36 PST

Another Lunar Army song, written after "SingalongaNick" at Convulsion:

THE LUNAR PHALANGITES Some talk of Urvarainus
And some of Murharzarm;
Of General Daxdarius
Who did his foes such harm.

But of all Glorantha's heroes
There's none who'd stand and fight
In the face of the crush of the shield-wall rush Of a Lunar Phalangite!

          Tune: The British Grenadiers
          Words: Nick Brooke

NOTES: Urvarainus was the Dara Happan Emperor who invented warfare in the Darkness; Murharzarm was the Son of Yelm and first mortal Emperor, who held the First Muster; Daxdarius was the western Pelorian hero who invented the hoplite fighting style and founded the Pelandan Empire in Godtime.

Yeah, I'd like to put the Songbook and some other new stuff up on my Web page: now Convulsion's over I may find the time to revisit it (the site has been unchanged since January).

BTW, I don't write many Sartarite songs because I find the Lunar and Dara Happan ones come more naturally to me. If anyone would like to try their hand at some catchy, singable Sartarite lyrics, please do so! (John Hughes' "Raise the Tribes for Starbrow" is the best one that springs to mind).

Nick