Blad-ger My Axe

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 22:11:56 +1000

G'day all,

The Birthdate of Argrath

Mike Cule asks:
>>1) Does anyone have a birth date, approximate or otherwise, for Argrath?

Al Petterson responds:
>According to Sun County he won the Garhound Contest in 1604. He'd be
>at least 18 and no more than 25 or so (he's described as having been
>"young" when he won it; given that the typical contestant is in his
>early 20s, you wouldn't describe someone older than 25 as "young" in this
>context. But then I'm reading a lot into what was probably a throwaway
>line. MOB, Philip, or John care to comment?)

Sun County states that *Garreth* Sharpsword won it in 1604. Now, some say that Garreth is in fact Argrath, *the* Argrath, but that seems somewhat fuzzy in these days, post-King of Sartar. Given that Garreth/Argrath is still in the prime of his life some 20 years later (Cradle scenario; c.1625?), I assume he was a young Sartarite rebel/outlaw/refugee at the time of the Garhound Contest in 1604, having escaped the fall of Boldhome two years previously. This would make him 17 or 18 or thereabouts in 1604, 20 at the most.

Sing-a-long-a-Nick

Quoting Nick from the RQ Con Compendium had me come across my trollball article also in there. Here's the Bhagwan Broobashers' team chant from this piece, courtesy of the deranged brain of John Hughes:

[Sung to the tune of "The Twelve Days of Christmas]

"On the first day of trollball, the giant referee, kicked a beserk Zorak Zorani"

"On the second day of trollball, the giant referee, kicked two scrawny enlo,
and a beserk Zorak Zorani"

You get the picture...

...the whole song goes:

"Twelve sons of Kargg,
'leven Umber mindlinks,
ten giant maggots,
nine Spider Masters,
eight jars of Powzie,
seven trollkin burgers,
six Homoboboboms,

I - Fought - We - Won,

Four Gor-a-ki-ki,
three Uzko blockers,
two scrawny enlo,
...and a berserk Zorak Zorani."

each player takes a line. If they forget, substitute something, "I can't remember", "Pansy chaos-elves", "Blunt weapons only" or the immortal, "Blad-ger, My Axe".

Cheers

MOB