IFWW

From: Michael Raaterova <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 21:58:07 +0100

Simon says:

>1) IFWW happened 'before' the completion of LBQ, during the Great
>Darkness. It may have been a formative influence on the Great Compromise,
>but that's quite a different thing.

Yes, it happened before the LBQ and was for that reason the necessary ending or aftermath of the LBQ. But, as shown below, it was not the IFWW per se, that was the formative element.

>2) Greg was asked about IFWW at the Convulsion 3D Lore Auction. He said
>that it was a Dragon Pass myth, unique to that area, but shared by all the
>sentients living there. Thus IFWW is not even remotely universal.

I think every non-chaotic culture has a chaos-fighting myth wherein the world is defended or recreated, which i assumed the IFWW was. The IFWW-myth is obviously the Dragon Pass version of a more fundamental myth, or the way that myth is told in Dragon Pass, remembered in other ways elsewhere.