Chalana Arroy : Harmony & LBQ

From: fantome_at_ozemail.com.au
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 00:44:39 +1000

Stephen Stair

>> Re: Humakti having an "aura" of Death & Chalana Arroy

        If powerful Humakti can cause small plants to die, etc...,
        as was suggested,  do powerful CAs cause more pregnancies
        near them?  Faster healing? <<

Being around certain powerful healers has been noted to cause a sense of well being, of contentment and a feeling of being at peace. Whether this actually assists natural healing is a debatable effect. You do, however, feel less inclined to start arguments.

Nils wrote the following reponse to a question about the LBQ being the pinnacle for Orlanth, CA, LM and Issaries.

>> An important thing yes, pinnacle no. CA, LM & I are the sidekicks in
the LBQ. Their main, defining myths should be about them primarily. <<

Sidekicks, indeed. Hurrumph :)

michael raaterova wrote

>> As the LBQ is such an important myth, i think CA, LM and I have their own
versions of the myth, where Orlanth is but a sidekick. The traditional Orlanth-version doesn't say what the other Lightbringers did when O had his argument with the Emperor. No doubt the LMs know that what LM did, and that it was absolutely crucial to the success of the quest. The same goes for CA and I as well. <<

I thought it was a shared myth where each had their moments of triumph and their failures. Its telling at combined ceremonies should reflect this. At the individual temples they no doubt concentrate more on that deity, but still praising the merits and necessary failings of the others. The possible exception about this is Eurmal. One of the Eurmal versions of the Lightbringers quest should have the rest of them being his sidekicks.

Guy Hoyle asks for Glorantha terms rhyming with Boy

Chalana Arroy (But I don't honestly know how this is going to fit in the Wild Glorantha Boy). Perhaps a 'cunning ploy' or a 'sword made of a godtime alloy' might help.

Brian
fantome_at_ozemail.com.au <SPACE RESERVED FOR RENT>