Re: Glorantha Digest V3 #125

From: Guy Hoyle <guyhoyle_at_chrysalis.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 19:41:21 -0400

>From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
>Date: Fri, 16 Aug 96 17:05:47 -0500
>Subject: Re: Sad Mermen & Sad Nick & Sad Mike Cule
>
>David Boatwright sez
>>BTW Joerg you are still the one of the sadest people out there.
>>Imagine knowing the names of the mermen types of both species.
> I was astounded, myself. Never would have suspected it. Now,
>I know all the names of the mermen, but only because I was the guy
>who had to make them up in the first place. I'd like to point out my
>sorrow that most of the folks in the Pub Quiz could not name a
>_single_ type of merman. This was very tragic because it means that
>my mermen labors proved of use only to guys like Joerg.

Hmm. Well, off the top of my head (because I think Sandy still has my Gloranthan Bestiary ;) ), I know of the two main types: the Cetoi (cetacean-like, or airbreathing) including the Ouri (probably doesn't count for me, since we met several of them in Sandy's campaign); and the Piscoi (fishlike), including the Malasps and Ybaddau. I'm several mermen short of a school, however.

Regarding Sandy's references to the Vadeli: Boy, you HAVE been gone awhile, haven't you? :>

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #126