Vadeli encounters

From: DAVISON Nick <Nick.Davison_at_nri.org>
Date: 20 Aug 96 09:40:17 EDT

Sandy asked if anyone is planning Vadeli encounters.

I am running a seafaring campaign set loosely in Umathela.

Therefore I would like to incorporate Vadeli encounters. (Although it will be a while until the players are up to matching Red Pirates)

I'd find very useful any ideas/details available on Vadeli ships, stats for a sample Vadeli sailor, officer etc.

A few ideas of my own,

  1. Red Vadeli captains would only supervise a ship (on deck) when it was out of site of land or other ships. Mind you in my experience the hardest part is going in and out of port. Perhaps they use some sort of Mindlink on these occasions.
  2. Brown Vadeli use subtle sorcery spells to cause havoc on enemy vessels eg ones that affect sails, the mast, the rudder etc. In the right circumstances it could then look like a failed shiphandling roll.