Cramping her style?

From: ANDOVER_at_delphi.com
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 02:09:51 -0500 (EST)

Actually, Marion's recent flame on cramps raised at least two interesting points. First, severe menstrual cramps (and for that matter, difficult pregnancies) are experienced by some people and not by others. In game systems such as GURPS "minor" difficulties such as that (and enlarged prostates!) could be added to the disadvantage lists. Second, in Glorantha there clearly would be a terrific business in spells, charms, and potions to deal with such difficulties -- and a higher % of them would work than in the real world. That would suggest that a fair number of people would have some sort of a minor spell on them at any given moment -- which would suggest interesting results from dispel magics cast not only in battle -- but also by tricksters -- no wonder they are so unpopular! The toilet paper question was interesting -- and I wonder if anyone has an answer? Arlaten's assistant in Strangers in Prax had the right spells to clean clothes. I assume there must be good spells to clean the body, if necessary -- especially useful for the Yelmalios with "never bathe" who must otherwise be as popular in the neihborhood as broos. And yes, I know that Louis XIV took only three baths in his very long life-time.
Jim Chapin