The sands of time....

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 11:07:51 +1200

Lewis Jardine:

> I suspect that the Kralori Calendar dates to before the
>Sun-Stop not before time (as stated in obviously false works by AH).
>After all we know that time was changed and the years were shorter
>after that event. Perhaps we are missing a whole season (8 weeks).

AH merely published the material. Greg et al. wrote them. But if you use the extra season to say that it dates before the Sun Stop then what do you make of the Dara Happan Calender which uses ten 'seasons'? Or the Pamaltean calender which uses four? In any case, the number of days in the Kralori Calender are the same.

I think that the change in time that was said to have occured at the Sunstop refers to the perception of time ('The Days are Shorter!'). However this is said in Cults of Terror to have been only noticed by the Westerners.

Chris Lemens:

>Peter Metcalfe responds to Phillip Hibbs that Powers to not equate to causes
>pre-Time because, per the (God Learner-compiled) story about Humakt slaying
>Grandfather Mortal (another GL compilation).

Chris who has called himself a God Learner seeks to cast doubt on an Orlanthi Myth by implying that it is God Learner contaminated. Then how does he justify the God Learner perception that Time began at the Dawn as true? The only evidence for it is God Learner metaphysics.