Active Pre-Time

From: Saravan Peacock <saravan_at_perth.DIALix.oz.au>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 10:43:26 +0800

I really liked Daniel McCluskey's idea for the change in existence at the Dawn (GD V.o3, no 264). He posted that before Time everything that happened was because someone willed it actively, whereas after the Dawn things happened just because that's the way things are (or have been made by the change needed to keep out chaos). Neat, elegant and easily comprehensible. It sounds particularly Orlanthi. I'm not sure how the Dara Happans would see things, since they are sort of the archetypal unchanging-ones. "This is how it is, always has been and always will be" type of people (before their god got killed of course...) But then again maybe that's because Yelm willed it to be that way, not just because 'that's the way it was'. After all Yelm was powerful before all the other petty gods. He wills things to be a certain way... Then the storm gods come along and act to make things otherwise...

Sounds like an excellent theory!

Saravan.

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #269