Seshnegi Rokarism

From: Barbara Braun <zbraun_at_minyos.its.rmit.EDU.AU>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 13:56:30 +1100 (EDT)

G'day all (this is Andrew Bean emailing),

Seshnegi Rokarism

I am about to start a new character in a Jonatelan campaign who will be a poor Rokari knight fleeing several awkward romantic entaglements ( and angry fathers/guradians).

Now I have all the TOTRM stuff on the West and was trying to think of some ideas of how he will cope with the different religion and close tie in Jonatela has with St Orlanth (and the various hill barbarians who still workship Orlanth and the Maran Gor acolyte already in the party).

I figure he isn't that religious but it will be radically different from back home. Since I know next to nothing about the medieval moslem religion and little about the medieval Catholic religion I thought I would bounce some fun ideas off the list ( Although I do not want to antagonise the anti West = medieval Europe faction)..

Considering the huge number of sins available to the Rokari to commit (I figure the sacred 300 of Malkion plus extras will exist) any of which will stop you going to Solace does the Rokari church offer confession ? Are the services carried out in Ancient Seshnegi ?

My character has been squiring after his father (a landless knight in service to a landed knight and my fathers valour is the main reason I was allowed to be knighted and not jsut a footmen for the rest of my life) since he was 12 and fighting in sieges, raids, battles most of his life and can hardly read. I'm sure the hell and brimstone priests will have condvinced him that hell is a certainty. Yet he is a soldier and less than perfect (as soldiers are). How does the average "joe" get out of the fact he is probably sure that he will not go to Solace as he is too prone to sinful thoughts if not the occasional action?

Also suggestions of where to look for names on the Web would be useful: So far one suggestion was:
"Sir Beau de Toilette"
but I think I am more likely to go with Sir Lothario de Papillon

I plan to talke with a bad French accent and would welcome other ideas to improve my MGF (we aren't too serious about our gaming desptie a couple of us being complete GL collectors).

Also I figure Seshnegi kngihts are very touchy about their honour (virtually all I own besides my sword) and he would challenge knights to duels (to first blood) at a drop of a hat over any fine point of honour but forget any anger as soon as the duel is over.

Cheers, Andrew