Rules List, Rune Font

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_erzo.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 18:43:25 -0800

> I realize this is off-topic, but there's nowhere else to ask. Has
>anything been heard about the status of the RQ-Rules Digest? Given the
>sudden flux of activity on the subject, it seems to me that the list is
>very much needed right now. Particularly since it seems that the net will
>be the only source of new RuneQuest material from now on.

Loren has been working with others to help get the RQ-Rules Digest back up at another site. I haven't heard any recent word, but I know new listserver software is involved, so it might take a bit. I think the key phrase is: it will be back... soonish.

> On a more on-topic subject, can anyone tell me if a font of
>Gloranthan runes exists for DOS/Windows? According to David Dunham's page,
>the fonts available there include TrueType and PostScript fonts, but since
>the files are packed Mac-style I haven't been able to get them. In any
>case, the RQ font file keeps turning up empty after I download it.

There were originally IBM versions of those fonts. I had them on ftp.csua for years, but (1) the /pub/runequest files got recently deleted due to a blundered upgrade -and- (2) ftp.csua is nearly useless for access anyways. I'm going to be reconstituting as much of the archives as I can when ftp.chaosium.com comes up, January-ish (fingers crossed), but I don't know of any alternative places currently.

Shannon