Christmas, Camels, Companions

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 08:38:40 +0000

Happy Christmas (or other mid-winter celebration) everyone! (Mid-summer for those down south, I suppose. Oh well. Happy Wednesday).

Christmas present time: I've just given my Web site an overhaul. Several new bits on there: have fun, and let me know what you think.

Camels. I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that Mother Mammal was frightened by Boggles and produced a camel as a result. So where on Glorantha would I find a camel?

Companions. We touched on this in passing while discsuing Dragons a few days ago. That list of Kallyr's Companions. Does anyone have any idea to which period in her life it belongs? I've worked out that it can't be as King of the Kheldon, because it includes Minaryth Purple of Jonstown. It can't be for her Stationary LBQ, because it isn't an LBQ ring, or anything like one. As we all know, it's very much like Umath's Camp (with a missing food-man). Could it be deliberately Storm-based rather than Orlanthi? As if she wanted to include people who followed Storm gods but didn't acknowledge Orlanth as King?

And does anyone recogmise any of those clan names? I can deduce a little about some of them: if it mentions an oak tree, it must be based somewhere where oak trees grow, that sort of thing, but that doesn't tell me a lot.

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/janehome.htm