Yuthuppa and Abgammon

From: Stephen P Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 23:11:20 EST

"Michael O'Brien" <michael.obrien_at_actf.com.au> Ugly Things Come From Down Under

> >These are great, really, I don't mean to complain. But, how many
times do
> >we have to be told that Uleria position #769 is the same as #146,
except
> >that the goat need not be domesticated?
>
>Well, since you've repeated it verbatim, just one more time!

What, did I inadvertantly repeat the entire thing verbatim when I asked my question? I do apologize for this.

jcw_at_connecti.com (Chris Wehman)
More Yelmite stuff

>>Given that Yuthubars is also mentioned in the GRAY leads me to
>>believe that Yuthu founded the City and that Anaxial was a famous
>>Sailor-Emperor that ruled from it.
>
> But Yuthubars meant 'city of god' instead of Yuthuppa 'ship of
>God'. Yuthubars was where the Tower of Yelm was (not necessarily a
>material place at the time Anaxial landed). Yuthuppa was put on the
hill
>where Anaxial landed after the flood.

>Anaxial
>was blessed by Buserian(who I personally think is the city god of
Yuthuppa),
>who was formerly the god of Abgemmon, which has falled off the face of
the
>lozenge.

My interpretation of the whole Yuthuppa-Boat story is that Yuthuppa _is_ the city of Abgammon, put on or reconstructed as a boat.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com