Storm Bull Ears

From: WillTwist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 03:16:15 -0500 (EST)

     I have to agree with several of the earlier posts regarding Storm Bull initiation ceremonies -- only especially violent or primitive Khans would require initiates to hack an ear off! Most of them would be happy with symbolic losses of the ear, such as piercing or notching.

     In the game I am currently in one of the characters was a troll who worshipped Storm Bull. He was definately physically a dark troll, but because he had been born a twin he had been brought up as a trollkin -- right down to the notched left ear! When he had a chance, he escaped and fled to Adari where he hacked off his notched ear and joined Storm Bull. He would never allow a non-Troll know he was anything but a dark troll, he would simply explain that he cut off his ear out of piety.