March or Die - where's the Lunar Foreign Legion?

From: robertson_at_delphi.intel.com
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 10:27:48 -0800

Okay MOB, Nick et al.

Having just caught the first half of March or Die yesterday, the thought came to me: "So where's the Lunar Foreign Legion?" Talk about the perfect place to allow different cultures to experience Glorantha! Sure we've got Lunar battalions/regiments from all over, Alkothi, Tarshites, Carmanians, etc, there must be a regiment that is made up of "foriegners" and "adventurers", where no questions are asked about your previous life (And I'm not talking about Danfive Xaron penal battalions here!). The regiment could include Sun County Remittance men, Dark Trolls (with Sunblock 2000 and super-strength Ray-bans), Sartarites on the lam from their tribes (Hey Penorri!), Seshnellan nobles looking for a bit of fun, etc. They would be forbidden to cross the Glowline in force, and be madse to protect Irrippi Ontor "Archological" expeditions in far away places. Commanded by martinet officers, who only have the good of the regiment at heart (not the individual members of the regiment, just the regiment as an entity).

Roderick, "in search of MGF" Robertson