Ex-Bishops

From: ANDOVER_at_delphi.com
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 19:11:25 -0500 (EST)

MOB writes:
"I just checked out Bishop Polk's grisly demise, some 1456 pages further in
(at the rate I'm reading, it'll take me longer to finish the book than the war took to fight!) "

For deeply personal reasons, both MOB and I are especially saddened by the death of bishops.

As to his mentioning how long the Foote books take to read, Foote admits that people might complain that it took him longer to write the series than it took the soldiers to fight the war, to which his only defense was
"there were more of them than there is of me."

By the way, MOB, if you've gotten that far, I think that the (relatively unknown) Confederate campaign into New Mexico (with appropriate adjustments) would make a great Lunar campaign.

Jim Chapin