Gaming in Glorantha

From: Michael O'Brien <michael.obrien_at_actf.com.au>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 10:27:00

G'day all,

Gaming in Glorantha

Stephen Martin:
>Again, who has written even a single scenario and submitted it? MOB has
>done a hell of a lot more, and is in my opinion one of the driving forces
>behind the RQ Renaissance, in some ways more than David Hall -- his focus
>and time commitment resulted in Sun County. Ken's time and effort
>resulted in RoC (which was 1/2 reprinted material), Shadows on the
>Borderlands (2/3 reprinted), Dorastor, Strangers in Prax, and Lords of
>Terror (about 1/3 reprinted).

Thanks, I appreciate your comments! Note though, that if David Hall had not got Tales up-and-running, I doubt there would have been a Sun County project to speak of...

Andrew Joelson:
>I spoke to Greg at GenCon (maybe eight years ago), about possibly
>sending him some RuneQuest/Gloranthan material. He told me, "I don't need
>ideas. I have all the ideas I can possibly use. What I need is playable
>adventures." (or words to that effect)

And believe me, this is the *hardest* stuff to write - particularly for a wide audience - but nevertheless *essential* if Glorantha is to remain a setting for roleplaying and gaming (once it stops being so I'm outa here!)

Of all the submissions we receive at Reaching Moon Megacorp, scenarios/cameos would be the fewest by far.

Cheers

MOB

>From the Notes From Nochet files:
(XXIX. 334.89) I, Columbus Mercator shall not of course need to resort to rank insults to prove my argument, unlike my unworthy colleague Clement Longhair, whose beard (I am reliably informed) is held on with paste.

In order to prove my theories I plan a great journey of circumnavigation around the world. Once I find an agreeable captain, the boat shall set sail from Nochet and travel east, only to appear at some indeterminate time in the west. Many sailors fear that they would sail off the edge of the world, despite my assurances. But when the ship undoubtedly appears again on the western horizon, its mast will be seen first, not because light "bends" as Clement Longhair would have it, but because the world is *round*, not flat!