Daughter's Road

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 08:10:03 -0600

>I hadn't heard that before -- if it's not canon, it should be! Or a spell
>that makes them march faster, or something. Some big neat ritual. Or
>special roads just for the army.

He's referring to the Daughter's autobahn that runs from Jillaro to Mirin's Cross. Yes, there is a speed limit but the only traffic warden is blind...

        Hwarrin Dalthippa 'the Conquering Daughter' created the Duaghter's Road, from Jillaro to Mirin's Cross. But I can't remember if there was another road leading northwest (instead of southwest), or if the one road was simply built in two stages. (I do seem to remember two 'building' stages.)

        Don't forget that the Lunars can move troops quickly by barge. The Oslir River can be navigated easily from the Sweet Sea all the way to Tarsh. The farthest navigable point is quaintly named 'Furthest'.

        Andrew

Drink Orlanth-Cola!