New Stuff Comments

From: Paul2.Harmaty <Paul2.Harmaty_at_aig.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 11:16:27 -0500

Klyfix_at_aol.com wrote:
> _Cults of Prax_ notes that people turn to ancestor worship when they aren't
> happy with the gods; I think that should not just be in the boonies but in
cities.
> Perhaps a person keeps a talisman or part of the skeleton of an ancestor or
> ancestors and has a reuseable Worship Ancestor.

 Venerating the bones of saints was a big deal in Europe at one time, so why not on Glorantha. Keeping a small bone of your ancestor sounds great, to me!

I'd limit it's usefulness (and add to its MGF) by having its only effect be to visit the ancestor in dreams (eg: when the character prays for guidance). I'd give the bone no "real" magic value, other than keeping the memory of a respected ancestor alive in the heart of his/her descendants

Peter Donald commented:
> ... new material must be COMPREHENSIBLE to a new GM.
> ... not referencing unobtainable material.

Right on the head! New stuff should be as ready to run as possible. A brief description of a cult or attitude of the people included to give everyone the feel. Leave the full cult write ups out of the new campaign/source packages. Add a line: GMs who want more detail can buy supplement yadayada for a complete description of the Thanatar/Primal Chaos/Bucky Beaver cults.

Will Twist proposed:
> low fantasy.

I love this stuff. We need more greedy merchants and evil scientist. Irrippi Ontor priests make great evil scientist! They could easily be testing poison antidotes on orphans (poisoning them first, of course) or conducting some other vile experiment. "The pursuit of knowledge is a divine right!" Wonderful bad guys!

Paul Harmaty
Dragons live forever, not so little boys - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -