Re: Bladesharp and split attacks

From: Mmohrfield_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 20:34:14 -0500 (EST)

Peter Maranci asks
>A fighter has a skill of 100%. He casts Bladesharp 4 on his
>sword, adding 20% to his chance to hit, and +4 damage. In >combat, he
>splits his attacks.

> The question: does he make each attack at 60%, or 70%? >In other
>words, does he add the full Bladesharp effect to each attack, >or is the
>increased chance to hit split between all attacks made in the >round?

This was asked in the RuneQuestions section in Heroes Magazine Vol. II, No.4. The answer given there was that the attacks are made at 60%.

>On the other hand, I assume that a warrior with an 80% skill >and a
>Bladesharp 4 does not get to split attacks at all. The skill >must be his
>own.

This was also asked. The reply was that the warrior could not split attacks because that would require that his skill be 100% or greater and the Bladesharp/Bludgeon spells do not increase skill, they just increase the chance to hit. (Personally I find this to be a little nitpicky, but to each his own.)

                                                                 Mark
Mohrfield