Bladesharp and split attacks

From: Peter Maranci <pmaranci_at_sunspot.tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 14:22:37 -0500 (EST)

        Has anyone heard news of the RQ-Rules Digest?

        Here's a rules question, of sorts:

        A fighter has a skill of 100%. He casts Bladesharp 4 on his sword, adding 20% to his chance to hit, and +4 damage. In combat, he splits his attacks.

        The question: does he make each attack at 60%, or 70%? In other words, does he add the full Bladesharp effect to each attack, or is the increased chance to hit split between all attacks made in the round?

        My own interpretation is that the Bladesharp spell is a weapon enhancement, and as such has full effect every time the weapon is used. After all, no one suggests that only half of the additional damage be done on each of the two attacks.

        On the other hand, I assume that a warrior with an 80% skill and a Bladesharp 4 does not get to split attacks at all. The skill must be his own.

        But here's an interesting question: if a fighter has a 97% skill, and casts Strength 2 raising his chance to hit to 100%, does he then get to split attacks? From a character perspective, how does s/he know that this is now possible?

-->Pete

Editor, Interregnum RPG/Science Fiction APA/magazine -- email for info. Interregnum WWW home page: http://www.tiac.net/users/maranci/index.html FRP adventures, art and more: http://www.tiac.net/users/maranci/rq.htm

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #212