Ax Maidens

From: Philip Hibbs <PHibbs_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:13:27 -0500

+------------+
>Ax "Maidens" aren't necessarily celibate

but they are necessarily homicidal, and likely to get themselves very killed. Not that I can talk, being Humakti, but that's the whole problem.

PS. Just because I use the first person when referring to my character, it doesn't mean I have lost my grip on reality. It's just an easier form of language. What keeps me sane is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.

+------------+
>thousands of Gloranthan woman warriors who have children but don't elect
>to quit being warriors because of it. Is there some cultural way of
>dealing with this?

I would have thought this would not be a major cultural crisis to a close-knit community like the Orlanthi, there must be plenty of women willing to become surrogate mothers to these womens' children.

+------------+
>One point spent on a Strengthening
>enchantment on a living being yields an average of 3.5 additional total
>hit points

Not if you read the errata, they're both 1d3. Also, the APs reduce the damage on each blow, whereas the HPs only work once until Healed back.

+------------+
re: Martin Laurie on "Objective history Bollocks"
>all this whining is unnecessary....
>If you don't like the way it is, play a different game world

Although I agree with your POV almost entirely, I think you put it a little harshly.

101621,1264_at_compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs

| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |