Mostly monomyth

From: nilsw_at_ibm.net
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 97 22:16:23

Martin Laurie:
>Where the hell are those matches? Well if I have been rude to anyone other that
>Simon Phipp, then I apologise - Simon sets himself up for assault as he is
>probably aware and must be bulletproof so I presume it does little damage. This
>is a highly important issue though and one that must be explored, even if heads
>must be bashed.

I don't think you are rude Martin. However, you have been saying "I'm right, you who don't agree are wrong". Since we are discussing a fictional world whose creator has said "make it your own", this could be seen as a bit arrogant.

People have different tastes, so we should all acknowledge each other's right to differing opinions. This is not directed against Marting in particular. Most of us, myself included are too eager to force our opinions on the others.

>As for MGF, the problem is that the monomyth destorys MGF as it curtails
>exploring mythic structures in Glorantha and the wonderful dichotomies between
>the subjective views - some of my greatest MGF is exploring the differences
>between an Orlanthi mythic view and a Shargashi mythic view and on personal
>level

_Your_ MGF, which isn't necessarily my MGF, or John Doe's MGF. Furthermore, this difference between Orlanthi and Shargashi is in no way done away by a monomythical approach. I think most proponents of the monomyth agree that during time the "actual" events of the godtime have been distorted and interpreted differently by different cultures.

An Orlanthi and a Shargashi would have as different views in a campaign run by me as in a campaign run by you. ______

St. Thella:

Peter Metcalfe:

>Sandy gives some blessings for Saint Theya who is a Goddess in the East
>Isles. Generally I would take one particular runespell and make a
>blessing out of it.

The Valkarian Malkioni saint Thella (the second pagan East Isles deity to be converted, after the local god of Ambovombe according to the Valkarians) gives blessings which mimic the divine spells given by the goddess Thella.

However, the saint has three aspects: St. Thella of the Rosy? Dawn, St. Thella of the Reaching Voice and St. Thella of the Inexorable Fate. Each aspect gives one blessing. The theist worshippers of Thella have the added benefit of non-reusable access to Resurrection.

Weinander            | Everything is dust in the wind Home:
nilsw_at_ibm.net       |

Office: nils_at_carasoft.se |
WWW: http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/