Plant POWer!

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 05:07:59 -0500 (EST)

> >This question started by trying to figure out if plants have POW and if
> >not why. It seems that everything in the animal kingdom has POW, but
> >the aldryami are the only plants with it.
>
> I always figured plants have POW. Just no INT, which makes their
> (probably very small) POW pretty useless. There are a few places here and
> there which mention plant spirits, being effectively RQ3 POW spirits at
> best. And such things as metal spirits, rock spirits, etc. (though I
assume
> MOST of Glorantha's minerals are dead, particularly noting the deaths of
> Genert and Stone as major contributors to this state of affairs).

        Isn't the idea behind Food Song pretty much the same as that behind Peaceful Cut? I figured that the plant had a spirit that went back into the earth to be reborn. Ah, to use an evil God Learnish OOP source, _Cults of Prax_: that spell makes it so that the plant won't be "hurt or offended and, if killed, will return in peace to Aldyra's bosom". So plants have spirits that can be offended, presumably.

       One could Disrupt blades of grass for POW gains!:) Well, maybe not. One could Tap them, though.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...