Re Humakt (a lost thread)

From: Jim Bickmeyer <JFBickmeyer_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 97 03:30:34 UT

Peter Metcalfe
>What was under discussion was how the Dragon Pass Orlanthi,
>fresh off the farm, views Humakt.

Well it seems I lost the start of this thread. With all the discussion about death and fertility I guess I forgot were it all started.

OK, so does how a Dragon Pass Orlanthi fresh off the farm view Humakt? Their view would be rooted in what they were taught of Humakt. This is assuming they had no personal contact of any Humakt culture. The view and interpretations of the Orlanthi would be based on what they were told. If they were taught Humakt was a god of Death then the Orlanthi would see it as a dark and grim god that one should be wary of. If they were taught it was a god of elite warriors then the Orlanthi might admire the god for it's warrior abilities.

Perhaps the better question is not how the Dragon Pass Orlanthi, fresh from the farm, views Humakt, but what has the Orlanthi, fresh from the farm, been taught about Humakt and his followers.

Jim