Humakti

From: nilsw_at_ibm.net
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 97 21:03:52

Pam:

>Seriously, when I think of Humakti, I think of most of Clint Eastwood's
>characters.
>"Outlaw Josey Wales" was a man driven by a sense of despair and justice.
>"High Plains Drifter" was a supernatural avatar of justice.
>
>These are, to me, interesting, "deep", and appropriate Humakti.

Complete agreement from me on this. One of my favourite Glorantha PCs ever, Etarr Scarface, was a Humakti of this kind: a grim, driven border-line psychotic who acted like and pretty much thought of himself as the right hand of death.

Unlike the other characters in that campaign he never even tried having a "normal life". His best friend, the Wind Lord, married and had lots of kids. Not Etarr, heck the women were afraid of him.

Drospoly:

>While Drospoly does not have any war cult
>characteristics today; when the Waertagi were smashing God Learner
>ports whereever they could be found, their worship of Drospoly would
>have taken military overtones...

Sounds like a desperate measure/no other choice cult taken at horrible cost rather than a war cult to me, but let's not get into semantics over that.

Awards:

Erik:

>Staunchest Defender Of Monomythic Dogma Award

Hmm, I'll have to work on it, I want that one! :-)

Weinander            | Everything is dust in the wind Home:
nilsw_at_ibm.net       |

Office: nils_at_carasoft.se |
WWW: http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/