Smart Critters a go-go

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:22:08 -0500 (EST)

Simon Hibbs noted...

> > Would there perhaps be a human (or whatever) ritual for producing a
> >bright animal? After all, there's allied spirits in animals for some
> >cults.
>
> You are describing the Waha spells for awakening the Fixed INT of herd
> beasts. Awaken [Herd Beast] I think. There is a spell for fixing INT as
> well.

      Well, sort of. I was assuming that there's intelligent animal spirits that could be encouraged to incarnate in an unborn offspring. Still, I wonder if the occasional Khan decides that he wants his favorite riding beast to have an awakened intelligence?

> Presumably, if an inteligent animal heroquests and masters the Man rune a
> new tribe of Hsunchen would be born? Perhaps not, but the idea of a bunny
> heroquest is interesting - very Watership Down. Anyone for a game of
> RacoonQuest? How about HeronQuest? Or Glorantha - The Game
> (Game - geddit? As in game pie?.... Oh, well.)

        Maybe that's the secret of the Ducks! : )

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham....