Inteligent Animals

From: Simon D. Hibbs <S.Hibbs_at_fcrd.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 09:26:52 +0000 (GMT)

V.S. Greene :

>> You are describing the Waha spells for awakening the Fixed INT of herd
>> beasts. Awaken [Herd Beast] I think. There is a spell for fixing INT as
>> well.
>
>Well, sort of. I was assuming that there's intelligent animal spirits
>that could be encouraged to incarnate in an unborn offspring. Still, I
>wonder if the occasional Khan decides that he wants his favorite riding
>beast to have an awakened intelligence?

Er, that's the whole point of the spell.

There are numerous other possible uses though. How about awakening the beasts in a rival tribe's herd and fomenting rebellion among them. What happens if an awakened herd beast decides to run off and start it's own herd. I'm sure there must be a few inteligent herd beasts roaming the plains. It could make for an entertaining praxian encounter.

Still, it shows that such magic is not only possible, but already exists.

Simon