Eucalyptus elves & other nonhumans

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 22:41:41 +0200

Peter M:

> The only problem is where to put them. Although inland Pamaltela
> is a fine enough place, the forests of Taluk Mormadak are stated
> to be Pine. Kothar or Zamokil could be a good place. Alternatively
> we may have the flora in Slon or perhaps deep within the the East
> Isles.

Just about anything can be found in the East Isles, so why not fire elves tied to eucalyptus woods? There are a few islands inhabited by yellow elves. They are really impopular among the human islanders since they try to spread their poisonous, snake-infested jungles to other islands.

John Snead:

>With the recent talk of just how alien various non-humans on Glorantha
>are I thought it might be useful to discuss just what non-humans are
>suitable for play in parties which interact with humans (ie most folks on
>Glorantha).

I may be overly harsh, but I _never_ play non-humans and I don't allow non-human PCs when I'm the GM. Too hard to really get under the skin of such a character. That goes for all game worlds, so I think the alienness of uz, aldryami etc is just fine since it discourages you from trying and making a bad attempt of it.

Just to temper my arrogance a bit here I can add that I don't claim in any way to do _that_ convincing portraits of _human_ characters myself.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689